We’re trying to make things better for the older people of Surrey Heath. We do this by befriending and arranging activities.
What we need
Volunteer for the group
A befriender needs to visit the elderly person they are matched with once a week for an hour or more.
This is a long term befriending so both parties need to be happy so time is taken matching the Befriender and Befriendee.
Tasks we need help with
- Befriending (for example, chatting to someone, accompanying them on appointments)
Organised by Tracy Hiney
- Email the organiser: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the organiser: 07902 772 585
- View the website: sh-ac.org.uk
- View Facebook page
- View the Twitter profile: @SHACinfo
I have been working for Surrey Heath Age Concern since July 19, I have worked for charities for the last 16 years.
I really enjoy helping and talking to the elderly people learning about their lives and interests and with our help, we are helping these elderly people stay in their homes safely with the help of their befriender reporting back any issues which we can help with or refer to the appropriate department.