We’re trying to make things better for local community. We do this by offering free and reduced priced meals. Plus support and signposting to relevant agencies and supporting those in debt with our debt and benefit advice service.
What we need
Equipment or resources we need
- Camping equipment
- Food and drink
- Furniture and fittings
- Kitchen and catering equipment
- Packaging materials
- Printers or printing
Volunteer for the group
Any one can volunteer but we prefer those with catering experience.
All equipment and training is provided by the charity.
Volunteers will be able to have free refreshments and the option of a meal.
Various shifts are available.
Tasks we need help with
- Marketing and social media
- Being on the committee (for example trustee, secretary)
- Maintenance and upkeep of community spaces
- Befriending (for example, chatting to someone, accompanying them on appointments)
- Preparing and serving food and drink
- Driving or making deliveries
Organised by Mike Mellow
- Email the organiser: email@example.com
- Call the organiser: 01726 77457
- View the website: stakstaustell.org.uk
- View Facebook page
I have been part of STAK for 8 years. I volunteered as a chef after suffering a period of homelessness.
I am now the project manager for the charity and feel a great deal of pride in my work. It gives me a lot of pleasure seeing a client go from a person needing lots of support to being able to stand on their own two feet and rejoin society.