Together let's feed communities
We're trying to use food to build, nurture and grow local communities. Because we want to make things better for everyone and the environment.
Find food groups in your area.
Promote your community food group
Whether you're a community fridge, food bank or a group that's helping people in your community get the food they need, you can promote your group or activity on Co-operate.
Using Co-operate will help you:
- find volunteers, supplies and essentials
- reach more people in your area who need support
- tell others about your group or activity's impact in the community
Add your group
Collect unsold food from your local Co-op store
If you're a group who cares about feeding your community and cutting food waste, you can apply to be a Food Share partner.
Your group must be:
- registered as a food premises
- able to use fresh food (bread, bakery products, fruit and vegetables)
- available for evening collections from our food stores
Apply to be a Food Share partner
Celebrating community fridge number 50
We're working with Hubbub to fund 100 new community fridge locations in the UK. The 50th fridge to open in Lancaster West Estate in London brings us halfway to our target.
Let's make food go further
I’ve been shopping for some wonderful people who have been isolating since the beginning of the pandemic. Over the last few weeks I've been taking them for walks and sharing my allotment fruit and veg with them. Healthy food is an essential during these difficult times.
Together let's make good things happen
Co-operate is an online community centre for co-operation.
It’s for people who:
- care about their community
- want to join forces to get things done
It’s created with communities, for communities, and is owned by communities.More about Co-operate